About the Journal
Founded in 2018, BITARA International Journal of Civilizational Studies and Human Sciences (e-ISSN 2600-9080) is a refereed international journal of civilizational studies and human sciences; published quarterly, and can be said to be the newest academic journal dealing with the theme in Malaysia.
The international perspective is also reflected by the journal’s trilingual approach; it is published in Malay, English and Arabic languages. The published articles, as well as comments, research reports, book reviews, conference papers and others, are on civilizational studies as well as other fields written from human sciences perspectives. In order to encourage academic brainstorming, we are soliciting your contributions throughout the year.
All submitted articles should report original, previously unpublished research results, experimental or theoretical, and will be peer-reviewed. Articles submitted to the journal should meet these criteria and must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts should follow the style of the journal and are subject to both review and editing.
Peer Review Process
The journal uses the single-blind system for peer-review; reviewer identities remain anonymous. The paper will be peer-reviewed by an expert; one reviewer and one editor from the journal typically involve in reviewing a submission.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Quarterly (January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December)
The articles can be from any of the following areas:
- Islam and Civilization.
- Islamic History
- Islam History of Economics.
- Islam History of Socials.
- Islam History of Politics.
- Islam and Social Sciences (Psychology, Education, Languages, Arts, Law and History)
- Muslim Theology and Philosophy.
- Muslim Ethics and Moral.
- al-Quran and Hadith.
- Islam and Identity.
- Islam and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Islam and Cognitive/Natural Science.
- Islam and Political Issues.
- Islam and Future Studies.
- Islam and Gender..
- Islam and Spirituality Islam and Other Religions.
- Islam and Environmental Issues.
- Islam and Culture.
- Islam and Human Rights.
- Islam and Middle Eastern Studies.
- Islam and Minority Muslim.
- Islam and Contemporary Issues.
- Islam, Information Technology and Communication.
Publisher: NUN Gemilang Enterprise